Christian service would like to express deep gratitude for our parish family for abundantly fulfilling the Christmas gift wishes of:
- 14 adopted families
- 11 dedicated agencies throughout Wayne and Oakland County
- Food baskets for 26 local families for Thanksgiving & Christmas
- Military Christmas cards that included an Amazon gift card to 11 heroes on our Military prayer list!
- 22 poinsettia plants delivered to families who have lost a loved one over this past year. As well as cards to these families throughout the year.
- Mailed out hundreds of handmade cards to parishioners and their loved ones
- A new ministry we started a year ago with Food Rescue agencies that led us to rescue food from local restaurants. Over the last 2 months we have rescued hundreds of pounds of “soon to be expired fresh food” from Starbucks in Orchard Lake and delivered it to Angel’s Place, Grace Centers of Hope and Hope Warming Center.
- We have also delivered warm home-cooked meals 3 nights a week for an entire year to the aging men at Angel’s Place in West Bloomfield.
- We’ve taken in numerous generous donations and distributed them to neighbors in need throughout our parish boundaries!
Our parish has allowed many great healing, prayerful moments to occur between members of our commission and those seeking comfort, guidance, advice or just someone who will listen.
Without the generosity and kindness of our parishioners we could not have made any of this possible! Not only are we blessed but we don,t sit back and say it,s not our job to do anything for those in need. We actually dig deep and give from our hearts and make the world a better place!
Thank you from the bottom of our Christian service hearts! Stay tuned for an exciting announcement about upcoming Christian Service events!!
Coordinator, Christian Service